linea pb – a la marzocco classic, re-imagined
In crafting the Linea PB, Piero Bambi refined and sharpened design elements and fine-tuned performance features that made the Linea Classic a specialty coffee icon. The Linea PB, designed by and named in recognition of Piero Bambi, introduces a new level of performance, reliability, and craftsmanship that carries the Linea into the future in a manner that is familiar, yet also fresh and new. The Linea PB features the iconic La Marzocco polished stainless steel body, updated with simplified lines and a lower profile, equipped with exclusive, user friendly interface software that gives the barista direct functional control over boiler temperature, brewing volume, hot water tap dose, auto-back flush as well as other options.
The new conical mechanical paddle is inspired by the original mechanical group used on the La Marzocco GS – the first dual-boiler espresso machine with saturated groups (1970). This conical valve system assures progressive control of water flow and pressure via an internal orifice, before applying full pressure. The new conical paddle valve controls the pre-infusion while the volumetric pump is working at full pressure, therefore barista may also perform a pre-infusion on one group while the other is extracting coffee. This dynamic system allows the barista to reduce channeling for a more balanced extraction.
- Saturated Groups: ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
- Dual Boiler System: separate boilers optimize espresso brewing and steam production.
- Dual PID (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated Boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Eco Mode: can be programmed to enter stand-by mode, improving energy efficiency.
- USB: making it possible to update firmware.
- Stainless Steel Portafilters & Precision Baskets: for improved cup quality and consistency.
- Digital Display: temperature display, shot timers, flow pulse counter and intuitive programming simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters.
- Tall Cups: allows you to use the machine with tall, to-go cups (+2.5cm /1in. in height).
- Auto Back-flush Program: automatic cleaning program.
- Available Models: 2, 3 or 4 groups.
- Machine Operation: automatic (AV) and mechanical paddle (MP) versions.
- Cup Warmer: maintain espresso and cappuccino cups heated at a proper temperature.
- Pre-heating System: prior to entering into the coffee boiler, water is pre-heated – thus increasing productivity.
- Hot Water Economizer: fine tune the temperature of the hot water spout.
- Ruby Flow Restrictors: synthetic ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Barista Lights: LED lighting allows you to focus on your extraction and the cup.
- High Legs: makes it easier to access beneath the machine (+7.5cm / 3in. in height).