Coffee World UK Ltd – trading as shopcoffee.co.uk
Our Data Protection Policy expands on this to bring us compliant and up to speed with the Data Protection Act of 1998 and the latest GDPR Compliance.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information, by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information, by which you can be identified when using this website you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Your data will only be used by us in updating you of information in regards to your order, potential orders or any marketing materials you have opted in to.
You can opt-out of any marketing list quickly and easily and you can choose whether or not to receive any information that is not related to your order or account status.
If you have any issues in regards to a potential error or you are receiving information that you should not be receiving you can opt-out easily by contacting us directly via e-mail on email@example.com.
Cookies are basically little parcels of data that are passed from a website to a user’s web browser if the user visits certain websites. If a user browses the same website again in the future, the data stored by the cookie is retrieved by the website, typically in order to provide changes to certain page views, displayed content or functionality relevant to the user’s previous activity.
We utilise a session cookie to identify you – this is to assist with redirecting between the mobile and non-mobile versions of this website.
This website uses Google Analytics in order to collect site traffic and usage information and this data is anonymous. This is done for the purposes of improving your website user experience.
Users can disable cookies at any time by using the relevant options in their web browser. This may have a negative impact on the browsing experience of some websites. Refer to your browsers help system to find out how to disable cookies.
If you leave a comment on our site you’ll be opted-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.shopcoffee.co.uk.
shopcoffee.co.uk is a trading name of the company Coffee World (UK) Ltd.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be shared and checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We use a plugin, namely contact form 7, this third-party contact form plugin:
- does not track users by stealth;
- does not write any user personal data to the database;
- does not send any data to external servers;
We activate certain features in this plugin to integrate it with other third party providers, this may provide the contact form submitter’s personal data, including their IP address and this may be sent to the following service providers. The provider’s privacy policies are listed below:
- reCAPTCHA (Google) – To prevent spam.
- Akismet (Automattic) – To login or provide information using social accounts.
E-Commerce / Order Fulfilment Data
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. We collect the information required in order for us to provide a more than adequate service and fulfil your order efficiently.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed, this data will be used for Google re-marketing and other Google products including analytics.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping and preventing fraud.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including any potential refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for as many years required for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
- GOOGLE – We share statistics from our website with Google, including page views and other actions on a page, popular products and other data that can be used for Analytics in improving the customers experience, Google re-marketing and other Google enhancement features.
- POP UP MAKER – Popup Maker anonymously tracks popup views and conversions. Integrated with contact forms to pass over the details you provide to us. They use anonymous cookies to prevent users from seeing the same popup repetitively in an attempt to make our users experience more pleasant while still delivering time sensitive messaging.
- PAYMENT GATEWAYS – All payments taken are securely processed on our merchant providers website/s. These have their own privacy policies and can be seen in our Data Protection Policy.
- OTHER THIRD PARTIES – We share necessary data with other third parties, plugins and data processors in order to fulfil your order and give you a smooth experience on our website. We will continue to update our policies and inform our customers of all the third parties and reasons for sharing the data. No data is ever sold or misused by us.
- SUPPLIERS – We may provide your details to a reputable supplier in order to fulfil your order directly, for example if we haven’t a product in stock and the urgency requires us to fulfil the order on time – we will order the goods to be delivered directly, this means we will need to share the data to process your order.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username/e-mail). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Further Information & Policies
Please view our Terms & Conditions to understand more about our business policies.