The Baratza Virtuoso is high quality coffee grinder. Whether your favourite brew is espresso or french press the Virtuoso will handle all grind challenges.
With precision 40mm conical steel burrs the Baratza Virtuoso gives a consistent grind particle size to make your brew taste even sweeter, whether espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Auto Coffee Maker or plunger it does all with style.
The secret to the great grind quality of the Virtuoso is DC motor that doesn’t over heat and keeps the beans cool even under heavy use. This along with electric and gear speed reducers means the burrs spin at a relatively slow 450rpm. This ensures the Virtuoso has a even bean feed into the burrs, reduced noise, heat and static in the grinder.
Compact and Looks Great
The Virtuoso is impressive on the outside too. Having small foot print and low heigh it wont take up a lot of room on your kitchen bench. Will also fit under wall mounted kitchen cupboards. The brushed metal top of the grinder looks elegant and makes this grinder look great in nay kitchen or cafe.
The Virtuoso lives up to its name by providing technical skill, classic style and a consistent, quality grind.
Features and Benefits:
- Burrs: Manufactured in Europe, the Virtuoso’s 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec. depending on the setting. But what really sets the Virtuoso burrs apart is that these burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. So theVirtuoso burrs are exceptional for espresso, drip, manual brewing methods and Press Pot. These conical burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years. The burrs have a precision mounting system to ensure a stable platform for accurate grinding.
- Gearbox: In 2012, Baratza introduced the second generation Gearbox (GB 2.0). With GB 2.0, Baratza has significantly increased the strength and durability of the drive transmission while decreasing noise. In addition to a new drive shaft, motor mounting plate and bushings, this change includes a new drive gear made of 15% glass filled thermo plastic which is quieter than the prior metal gear, wears better and is more shock resistant. During the rigorous testing process, stainless steel screws were thrown into the burrs, and in every case the motor/gear/burrs stopped immediately, the (automatically-resettable) thermal cutout was triggered, and the gears were fine.
- Grind Adjustment: Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The grind range is from 250 to 1200 microns.
- Grinds Left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Virtuoso minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- Brewing Method: The Virtuoso is a great all around grinder, from manual brewing to espresso.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting thermal cutoff switch.
- Calibration: An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated.
- Speed Control: With unique speed control, the Virtuoso uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 500 RPM. The electronic speed controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the event that specific user conditions require modification of the speed. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs.
- Timer Switch: The Virtuoso has a 60-second timer with segmented graphics, for easily repeatable grind times.
- Cleaning: Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.