The Anfim SCODY II (Stepless) is a high performing, high value burr grinder in On Demand format, suitable for commercial use. It’s a well built, heavy duty device made of hardened steel with 75mm flat steel burrs, stepless grind adjustment and a 2kg hopper.
The grind setting is adjusted via its micrometric adjustment control just under the bottom of the hopper. It offers 2 programmable dosing buttons, and a continuous grind button. Programming is done quickly and accurately (in 1/10th of a second increments) with the digital display allowing you to view how long each program is set to run for. Its 75mm flat steel burrs result in a fast grind time; minimising the amount of heat transferred to the ground coffee.
Anfim grinders are famed for their consistent grind quality, even distribution and lack of clumping. The SCODY II is in the top end of the Anfim lineup, and scores extremely well in all aspects of the process. This model is ideal for medium-high volume environments, where on-demand and pre-programmed dosing are important factors.
If you’re looking for a grinder that will deliver consistent grind in a cafe environment for 150-350 coffees a day, around the £1000 mark, then this is an excellent option.
Anfim grinders come with a standard 1 year return to base parts warranty.
- Burr Size: 75mm
- Burr Type: Steel flat burrs. (Titanium long-life burrs available)
- Hopper size: 2kg
- Max output: 5.5kg per hour
- Grind speed: 7g in 2.5 seconds
- Adjustment: Stepless collar adjustment.
- Controls: 2 programmable presets, manual push button, purge button.
- Doser / On Demand: On Demand
- Portafilter Holder: Yes
- Construction: Hardened polished steel
- Finish: Black
- Power: Standard UK 13amp plug 280w (220-240v)
- Speed: 800rpm
- Weight: 16kg
- Dimensions WDH: 195mm Width x 370mm Depth x 575mm Height.
Anfim are a small grinder manufacturer in Italy that were recently acquired by Mahlkonig / Ditting. The are considered an excellent choice for those looking for a high-end commercial unit without breaking the bank.